Monday, September 1, 2014

4.5 Stars for Rouse Me by Crystal Kaswell


Rouse Me by Crystal Kaswell
Published - 8/4/2014 - 249 pgs

Synopsis: 

Alyssa Summers is not the kind of girl who cheats. Sure, she isn't in love with her fiancé, Ryan Knight, but she has no use for silly ideas like love or passion. She needs someone who can keep her from destroying herself. She needs Ryan. She's sure of it.

Then she meets Luke Lawrence.

He's handsome. And he's bold—he thinks nothing of flirting with her in front of Ryan. And he's smart, and articulate, and interested in what she has to say.

But she should be able to stop thinking about him.

So what if his big, brown eyes light up when he smiles? So what if his laugh completely disarms her? So what if his touch-- even his fingertips grazing her back-- makes her body hum?

She shouldn't feel so tempted. She shouldn't feel so desperate to know him. Luke is Ryan's business partner, for God's sake. She should be able to resist him.

But she can't. She wants Luke more than she's ever wanted anything.

GoodReads

Buy It! - Amazon - Amazon UK - Amazon CA


My Review: 

4.5 Stars

The cover of this book is what caught my attention. I thought it looked sexy. The synopsis pulled me in and I just hand to read it. I put it ahead of other books in my list just because I had to get my hands on it. I wasn't disappointed. 

Alyssa is in a loveless situation, but she is safe. Ryan is who she should be with. There is no so called spark there, but he has been there for her through so much. 

Luke is Ryan's partner. From the moment he first lays eyes on Alyssa, this ignite and he can't help but go after what he wants, even if it is the complete last thing he should want.

I absolutely loved this story. It felt genuine and I felt for the characters as they developed in their affair and lives. 

I did have issues with timing in the book. I didn't believe that she went to 3 yrs of high school then dropped out to act. She's been with Ryan for four (or is it three, the number changes in the book) and he's already a lawyer, but they were together while they were in high school? Luke is torn up over this secret, but it happened such a short time ago? I don't believe it. 

Other than that though, I really did enjoy the book. The writing was well done, it was well edited and I couldn't put it down. I read the entire book in one sitting because I had to know how it all worked out. I didn't care for Ryan from the get go and loved Luke immediately. Alyssa annoyed me at times with her needy, constant whining about her past and what Ryan has done for her.

I would love to pick up another piece of work from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment