Saturday, December 14, 2013

Review: What's Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn



Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey.

Add on GoodReads



I'll start by saying that I am a cancer survivor for 10 years now so when I read the blurb about a girl that was going through chemo and falling in love while doing it, I had to read it. I met my husband while going through chemo so it really rang home for me. I completely related to Aundrea going through her chemo and hiding it from Parker. She didn't want to be treated like the sick girl, she wanted to be treated normal. We watch as their relationship develops even while seeing how hard it is for her to lead the double life. Parker is super sweet and wonderful in the book. Aundrea is strong willed and determined. It was a great read that I couldn't put down even if at points it brought things a little too close to my heart and made me cry. 



Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment