Her life is like a prison cell.A self-made, to-hell-with-the-free-world existence that locks from the inside.
Stop judging. Her agoraphobia doesn’t define her. It simply keeps her safe.
He belongs in a prison cell.
The 6x8, make-me-your-bitch variety that locks from the outside.
But he’s free. To hunt. To take. To break.
And he just found a sexy new toy.
Capturing her is the easy part. Her fucked-up mind, however, makes him question everything he does next.
But he’s a determined bastard. If all goes his way, this will hurt like hell.
Warning: Graphic sex and violence. Age 18+ only
It is recommended to read after Deliver, but it can be read as a stand-alone.
I absolutely loved Deliver in its unique take compared to so many dark erotic books. Vanquish is the perfect sequel. It was sexy, erotic, extremely well written and hard to put down. While Van was the bad guy in Deliver, we get to see that there is so much more to him in this one. We get to see the man behind the scars and hard life. We still get to see a bit of Liv and Joshua while learning about Amber and her Agoraphobia and OCD.
Their relationship isn't easy, but it certainly works for them as they both have their own ghosts that haunt them and keep them from living what other people would consider a 'normal' life. But that is what makes them work so well together.
Not only an entertaining read there is great underlying notes that everyone can learn about facing the demons in your mind.
The book is so well written that you feel the pain of Van's past, you feel the pain and fear of open spaces and seeing eyes that Amber deals with. You also feel the shift and changes happening within the relationship and the characters as they learn to cope and come through stronger and better.
That being said, there are twists and turns and ugly little things that come up in the book that I can't talk about without ruining the true greatness of this book.
Read it. It's AMAZING.
5 Dark, Beautiful Stars
Amazon US → http://www.amazon.com/Vanquish-Pam-Godwin-ebook/dp/B00N06OSZ4/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412994937&sr=8-1&keywords=vanquish+by+pam+godwin
Amazon UK → http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vanquish-Pam-Godwin-ebook/dp/B00N06OSZ4/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1412995077&sr=8-1&keywords=vanquish+pam+godwin
Barnes & Noble → http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/vanquish-pam-godwin/1120187476?ean=2940046286533&itm=1&usri=vanquish+pam+godwin
Smashwords → http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/469955
Author bio →
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Pam Godwin, lives in the Midwest with her husband, their two children, and a foulmouthed parrot. When she ran away, she traveled fourteen countries across five continents, attended three universities, and married the vocalist of her favorite rock band.
Java, tobacco, and dark romance novels are her favorite indulgences, and might be considered more unhealthy than her aversion to sleeping, eating meat, and dolls with blinking eyes.
Author Interview →
Author Interview →
- Can you describe in detail what your writing environment is like? Half the year (when it’s above 50 degrees), I’m hunched over my laptop on my deck in a screened room surrounded by huge trees. The outdoor scents, the warmth of sunlight, the chirps of night critters, it’s my favorite place to write. The cold half of the year, I’m in my office, a room that is only used for writing, with two widescreen monitors, huge ebony furniture, brown leather chairs, and red and orange accents. A fireplace sits behind my desk. Really dark and warm, kind of masculine and mellow, it’s a comfy place to nestle into in the winter.
- Is there one of your characters that you relate to (from any of your works)? Why? Evie from Dead of Eve. When I plotted out her struggles, I imagined my biggest, darkest fears and made them hers. Made her endure them and survive them. Oh, And she loves guns. That’s right, baby. Big guns.
- If you couldn’t be an author, what would you do instead? I don’t even know how to respond to this, and thinking on the answer makes my eye twitch and my breath quicken, and I’m having trouble producing saliva. Life without writing? I just...I can’t even.
- Is there anything that you learned during the writing process that you wish you had known before hand? From the first page till the last, the story doesn’t let go of my brain. Makes it difficult to hold conversations with people, to remember to shower, to have any kind of life outside of the characters in my head. For an already obsessive personality type like me, writing might not have been the best career choice. But I’m attached to this choice. Deeply, rabidly, and passionately attached.
- Is there anything that you wish you could change about your book now that it is out? There are 11 typos in Beneath the Burn. Can’t tell you how much that bugs the piss out of me.
- How do you come up with new ideas for your story? My stories begin with a character. I go to a concert and make up a plot to fit the vocalist. I watch the news and imagine some sordid secret about the commentator’s sex life. Most often, I hear someone’s true story, their real-life conflict, and twist it into wild embellishment.
- What’s next for you as a writer? More writing. Oh. You want details? I hope to publish another book in 2014. Four books in 2015. I’m pretty content in the romantic thriller/horror genre, but I might expand beyond that at some point. Hmm. What do you think about a one-armed Sumo wrestler battling an ancient civilization of panda-men in deep space?
- Where do you live? Do you think this influences how or what you write? I live in the US Midwest, but I’ve traveled all over the world. The latter influences how I write. To really capture the cultures, climate, and ambiance of a place in your writing, I think you need to experience it firsthand.
- What is your favorite genre outside of the one you write in? Why? I want the thrill of fast paced action. I need to be shoved out of my comfort zone. I hunger for a story that ferments in my gut long after I’ve read it. Dark romantic suspense/horror does all of that.
- Do you have any vices? Shoes, coffee, shopping…etc? Cigarettes, coffee, overusing the F word, and gay porn. All at the same time. Don’t judge me.
Author Links →
Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/pamgodwinbooks
Twitter → https://twitter.com/pamgodwinbooks
Website → www.pamgodwin.com
Amazon Author page → http://www.amazon.com/Pam-Godwin/e/B00A3AF2LYGoodreads Author page → https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6474204.Pam_Godwin