Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review: Vendetta by Autumn Karr and Sienna Lane



Please note: this is not dark romance.

I am not a good man.

I have lied and cheated and stolen. I've decided between life or death, like it was my due. None of it matters, not anymore. These are not my sins.

I see her raise her hands, the dark metal she's clutching reflecting the moonlight. Her finger trembles as she cocks the gun pointed at me. Her eyes are cold, determined, but I know.

I know her.

My name is Devon Andre and I confess my sin. I am not a good man because this is the woman I love.

She pulls the trigger.

* Standalone contemporary romance.
* Mature reader advised due to sexual content and strong language

I wanted to like this book. I did. I loved the cover. I loved the blurb. But I didn't. 

We are thrust right into the middle of a complicated situation, which I didn't mind. It kept me flipping pages trying to figure out what exactly was going on with our characters. I think we tried to get to a mafia type feel and for some reason it just never quite go there for me. The characters were a little too wishy washy for me. Not wanting something then wanting it a sentence later. 

Our heroine couldn't decide if she was going to be this strong willed woman or a weak wilted flower.. Granted I know some situations and books you can be both, but it just didn't work for this book. 

I think with a bit more development of the characters this could have been a fantastic book. Instead landing flat at a three star review.

No comments:

Post a Comment